Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tranferred call duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madil

Technical User
May 30, 2008
FR
Hello Every bady,
I need your help regarding a new project.
We have an IP office preferred edition and we project to sell consulting communication minutes.
Once the customer buy the minutes and chose the time and date on our web site, he will be called by our agent and transferred to our consultant(in or out the office).. My probleme is how to disconnect the transferred call after the bought duration (15/30 MINUTES)?
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance!

Quite easy really, you will need some shortcodes to achieve this, for example

shortcode - #5N
Feature - Dial
Tel number - Nt(5)

shortcode - #10N
Feature - Dial
Tel number - Nt(10)

shortcode - #15N
Feature - Dial
Tel number - Nt(15)

Now if I transfer to #50123456 (0123456 being my cell/mobile) the call will disconnect after 5 minutes, if I transfer to #150123456 then it will end after 15 minutes, sorted :)

Bear in mind it's not a precise 5, 10 or 15 minutes though. The system just looks at the time the call started, say 15:10 and will end it at 15:15 for the 5 minute option even if the call started at 15:10 and 55 secs, so in effect almost a minute short, it doesn't actually time each call as such. However this cannot be avoided :)

Thank you a lot four your fast reply!!
Level 2 [smile]:
Anyway to do that automticaly: the system call the 2 paties put them in a conference for a declared duration and time/date with music on hold for the first who reply?

Not without buying some kind of 3rd party solution, if such a thing exists :)

Can the agent do it through one-x portal/meet-me and let the IPO make the calls leter?

IPOCC can schedule calls so you may be able to cobble something together with that, I haven't used it so can't promise that, but I can tell you it will be very expensive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back