Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnosis13

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
US
We are running a Nortel Meridian 1 Option 11C. I have worked on the system often enough to figure out on my own how to do moves, adds, changes...heck, Ive even install line cards and punched down TNs. My company has figured out that I am saving them a great deal of money by doing this stuff myself and has offered to send me and a backup (in case a truck runs over me) to get some training.

Searching the net results in a bunch of companies offereing all kinds of training. I really need some advice from you pros on where to train and what to train on. Our budget is probably going to be in the middle of the range I am seeing...depending on how much travel time is required.

Suggestions?

A+, N+, MCP

globalknowledge.com is about as official as it gets.

What is Communication Server 1000?

A+, N+, MCP

Several of Nortel's products are being renamed (or rebranded). Communication Server 1000 is the new name for Succession.

I have been to several Global Knowledge classes and they have all been excellent. I've been to their training facility in Richardson(Dallas), Texas and the one in the L.A. area. I prefer the Texas site (no reflection on the facility or instructors).

Take a look at I-Gen on the web. They offer to come to your site and train you on your own equipment. I've used them a couple of times and get to customize the training to be specific to my company. Cut right to the chase.

Thanks everyone...I'm shopping!

A+, N+, MCP

global knowledge was nortel training division before they sold the division.. like everyone said, it doesn't get any better

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

But don't you guys agree that the training has gone downhill at Globalknowledge since they took over, I had classes with Nortel and then GK and I was disappointed.

Chocktaw how are you, I have recently been to the GK 0224 class it was very helpful. We have an option 11r and needed to install an option 11c a newer version, So it was pretty critical that we knew what we had versus what we needed. The class will explain the installation of hardware and software and explain there differences, and the capabilities of smaller switches. This helped us negotiate a good deal with the new system. The thing is, you probably already know the programming basics that the class is going to go over. Your backup will get the most out of it. Soon you will realize that there isn't one class that will show you everything you need to know. These classes will provide a foundation that you will need to build on. This site is a spearhead into more indept programming. The first time I looked at this site, I could not understand not one thing, With many hours of reading and programming it is starting to make sense. Looking foward to what I believe is my next class 0300c Basic database Administration Succession 3.0

Thank you very much. I haven't managed to get training approved...seems my budget got wacked. I am still trying...

A+, N+, MCP

Global knowleged has hot classes, these classes are the same but discounted classes that they throw out every 5 or 6 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back