Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozusnik

Programmer
Feb 27, 2005
We are looking at on-site training for four analysts for ICAN 5.0. Does anyone have a recommendation on which company to look to for those training needs?

We are getting quotes now. We are already running and trained on eGate 4.5.x.

We are currently looking at Sun and A&E Consulting. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

I just took Sun's training on JCAPS 5.1. It was pretty good. I know I benefited from having exposure to the software prior to going in and that would probably be true of anyone taking the ICAN 5.0 training as well. The training materials from Sun are above average as well and you get to keep them, so you get a nice reference book out of the deal too.

The training Sun provides works on two levels. The detail-oriented click-here-and-drag-here instructions to show you how to do things and the repetitiveness of the operations, until you see a larger picture and you realize that every project you build follows a similar path to going from start to finish. I think they could have covered more information in the same allotted period, but they did cover a lot.

Good luck. NOTE that I also traveled TO SUN to take the course, so I didn't have the distractions of the office hindering my focus.

'hope that helps.

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce
they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does
[infinity]

Thanks Dave,
I would also prefer off-site training. I have gone to training in Monrovia twice (V 3.6 and V 4.5.1). Much like that jump, they up and changed the architecture again. With my Hospital going through so many changes lately, we may not use eGate in the future.

I'm working on a replacement anyway. I'm not a fan of Java for entire applications, and I'm afraid that Monk will be elimiated now that Sun owns the code. So my engine is going to be written in PERL. Anybody want to switch with me??? :)

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back