Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training seminars/Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingner

Programmer
Sep 1, 1999
US
Our company is beginning down the path of data warehousing and, to be truthfully honest, noone really knows anything about it.<br>
<br>
Is there anyone who can suggest any training seminars or conferences that caters to the beginners on DW concepts and basics?<br>
<br>
I've been trying to search on the Net, but currently have found little.<br>
<br>
Thanks for your help

The thread &quot;Data Warehousing, it's uses&quot; has some web links.<br>
<br>
As for seminars, which country you are in? I know that Ralph Kimball's company provides DW training in the US, and that the Data Warehousing '99 show is running in the UK in November. <br>
Alternatively a book like &quot;The Data Warehousing Toolkit&quot; by Kimball may be of help.

An outfit called DCI (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> produces a number of conferences that cover recent developments in technology. They have already produced several conferences on Data Warehouseing. It might be worth your while to check out their web site. If there is a chapter of DAMA (Data Administration Management Association), near you, that might be another worthwhile of information.

In addition to the other resources mentioned here, the Data Warehousing Institute (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> sponsors or co-sponsors a number of conferences with a company called ISI (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> DMReview has a listing of trade shows in which you'll find other DW conferences(<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> Hope this helps.

Looking through some of the sites all of you gave, I came upon this one....it is not a conference training, but online and CBT, maybe this is more inline with the middle to long term training goals....
(
this is a list as big as your arm of various non vending training companies.

Later

Hey, I'm just a punk, what da' ya' expect....

We currently are developing a Data Warehouse with IBM's DB2 on the mainframe. What Data Warehousing class do you recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back