Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN94z

Technical User
Apr 15, 2010
US
What are the best training options for Avaya CM, session manager, SBC, etc...when the company will not get us any training? I have basically been learning the stuff I know via Tek-Tips, Youtube, and following logic throughout the systems.

It won't be fun, but read through all the Avaya admin documentation. All the information you could possibly want is in there... just not necessarily easy to digest.

When it comes to vectors, just get in there and play. Set up a test VDN to a test vector and start trying the different commands. Again, the Avaya documentation has examples and explanations. And it's all free.

Generally when looking to config have the Administer Avaya Aura Communication Manager, CM Feature Description and Implementation and the Screen Reference to hand and like ZeroZeroOne says its all in there. Like you said a lot of info on youtube

Got it. I have those as well. That works. I have learned quite a bit just from our day to day work, so I have a pretty good base. I would just like to get even deeper on several things.

I come from a CS1000 background so I find the limitations around something so basic as having multiple numbers on ip/digital phone keys that is just a given using MCR etc. (bridged extensions come close but just not the same), but you can solution most things in CM and I like the functionality of things like vectors, blast conference, ec500 using loop around trunks for simultaneous ringing, location based ars and calltype analysis and more, so its starting to grow on me.

I came from CS1000 as well. As a matter of fact, we still have the CS1000 running alongside the CM as we are converting over. I am good with vectors, VDNs, and have an okay understanding of signaling groups, trunk groups, route patterns, etc... I am still learning the command structure like when to use list versus display and all that. My lacking knowledge would be the more technical stuff like security certificates, call tracing, best starting point for troubleshooting various issues, ESS, what phones use what media server, what gateway, etc...

I am slowly getting there.

Go to Avaya University and sign up for online classes. As of Feb 1 the classes and tests are complimentary for customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back