Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickgibson

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
AU
Hi,

I recently completed the ReportNet FastTrack training - and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether I can get a hold of the training material? Not the textbooks, but the actual reports themselves.

I'm mainly interested in the reports used with the Modeling and Report Authoring components - so it doesn't have to be the FastTrack training specifically, but alternatively from the separate Authoring or Modeling courses from which the FastTrack is derived.

I want to re-do some of the training examples, but you need the reports to start with and they didn't come with the training manuals.

Thanks
Mick

Mick,

The training uses the gort, gosl and gosldw databases form the directory
C:\Program Files\Cognos\crn\webcontent\samples\db\sqlserver

You also have to restore the cognos_samples.zip file, which contains the reports.

Look in the help window from reportnet to see the exact steps to restore all the sample databases and samples.

good luck,

Christenhusz

Thanks for the reply, but I'ma ctually after something different. The training uses the same databases, but a different set of reports - they are reports specifically designed for the ReportNet training material.

Somewhere out there, there's a .zip file containing the reports for the Framework Modelling training, the report authoring training, and the query tool training.

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks
Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back