Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Games 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelt

Instructor
Jun 11, 1999
US
I'm dealing with a sales force that responds to training better if it is accompanied by games to keep them active. I've got a few I use when training in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, but I'm having a problem coming up with any for Access. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You are likely familiar with Lakewood publications, but I'm thinking if you are not that you might get ideas from their Technology of learning newsletter or from some of Bob Pikes books.

Thanks, I have gotten information from Lakewood, I'll take a closer look at it. I've been getting a lot of ideas from TRAINING Magazine and Jossey-Bass and Pfeiffer publications.<br>
<br>
So far I've integrated a card game for the excel class in explaining if statements and have gotten people up and moving to explain Mail Merges and Absolute and Relative Cell references as well as re-establishing links.<br>
<br>
I've also been working with the Tricks for Trainers books by Dave Arch and Games that Teach by Steve Sugar.<br>
<br>
I'll keep you posted as how I get along with Lakewood. Thanks for the information.

Web links for some of the sources mentioned above are:<br>
<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> - Jossey-Bass<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> - Pfeiffer<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> - Dave Arch<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> - Lakewood<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> - Bob Pike<br>
<br>
Couldn't find anything directly by Steve Sugar...

Kelt: Can you name the specific reference(s) you've used for...&quot;a card game for the excel class in explaining if statements and have gotten people up and moving to explain Mail Merges and Absolute and Relative Cell references as well as re-establishing links.?&quot;<br>
Thanks<br>
jweb<br>
<br>

The card training game is one that I adapted from a tricks for trainers book.<br><br>Simply put, I use double sided tape to tape playing cards onto a grid marked with column letters and row numbers.&nbsp;&nbsp;I then write the first

Hello,
I am a Corporate Trainer for the Canada's biggest ISP company. I Train new employess and Supervisors from Internal procedures to Customer Service and of course computer applications. My classes are genrally between 35 to 40 students for a period of 3 weeks. I usually get help from an other trainer during this time but usually run of ideas for games. I am looking for games that are not only mentally challenging but also give the students a chance to mingle with each other. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Kelt-I'd love to use your card games in my classes. Will you share more?? I am also checking on getting the two books mentioned.
One of the things I use as a transition back from breaks (especially in Excel and Access classes) is Brain Teasers (paradoxes.) I draw a few on the board during the break. It's a good way to get people settled an focused again. Tons of them are available on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back