Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Traffic reports without buffer box and OTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RD1234

Vendor
May 14, 2008
GB
Hi,

Is it possible to set USER TRF on any TTY in CS1K and use OTM to collect the traffic reports?

Ps Don't have a buffer box or printer for TTY port but heard TRF was required on a TTY and could just use OTM.

OTM has the ability to collect your traffic already by using Data Buffering & Access. All you need to do is set it up.

Sometimes I will put TRF in the HIST TTY, but you will have to increase the amount of memory allocated to that TTY. Then you just go to LD 22 and do a PRT on the AHST

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

That is useful to know.

Print history TTY:

>ld 22

PT2000

REQ prt

TYPE adan hst

ADAN HIST
SIZE 15000
USER MTC BUG

Increase size and add TRF to history TTY:

>ld 17

REQ chg

TYPE adan

ADAN chg hst

SIZE 65534

USER trf

Print history TTY:

>ld 22

PT2000

REQ prt

TYPE adan hst

ADAN HIST
SIZE 65534
USER MTC TRF BUG

I can then use OTM DBA to access the reports on the same history TTY.

you don't need otm for that unless you just want to use it.. any term connected to your tty running procomm can buffer that for as long as you want it to run.. if you set your capture path to a share point, anyone can be granted access..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You are going to fill up your history file and it will become practicly useless for its intended purpose that is to record historical events, like errors, backups, etc. Using OTM has the function to collect all CDR, traffic. Then on top of that it has the tools to run reports on CDR or Traffic. If you dump to history buffer or Procom then you have to come up with a way to sort through that info. Get ready to open your NTP's and be prepared to try to figure out what every line entry is what its actually telling you. Nothing wrong with that if you want to try to become expert at ready these messages just harder than it worth, Especially when you already have a tool like OTM that does everything for you. Just my honest opininon.

This is the great thing about this forum. Everyone has different experiences and many people are willing to share which is quite remarkable.

I spoke to a colleague today and they showed me how to use OTM, and we monitored the TTY to see what OTM was doing.

It appears OTM is capable of setting up the PBX for traffic reports and schedule using default settings without having to enter in LD 2 via the CLI.

We can open a DBA session to collect CDR / Traffic and see the TRAFFIC.DMP is logging.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back