Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Traditional Mode and Simplified Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrayw

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I am running checkpoint NG AI R55 in Traditional mode. I have been advised that to use VPN routing I will need to build a policy using simplified mode. When I open a new policy I can only have traditional mode.

However, In POLICY - CONVERT TO - SIMPLIFIED MODE. I appear to be able to change it here to simplified mode. What will the impact on my policy be if I did this?

What would I lose? What would remain unchanged? etc

Cheers

M

Murrayw,

I am also about to take on the effort of converting from traditional to simplified mode. My checkpoint service provider has advised me that no functionality will be lost and that a couple of additional columns will be added into the rule base to assist and expand the functionality. His suggestion was to make a copy of the existing rule base and then start the process to convert your existing policy to the new simplified set. The process is supposed to automatically make a backup for you but we both agreed that if it is a critical policy (and they all usually are) then you make a backup first. It does not go into effect until you push it to the gateway and you can always revert back to your traditional ruleset if you want. at least that is what I am told, I personally have not tested that yet.

FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back