Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking who is connected to My computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadrack

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
US
Hello,

I was wanting to know if there is a way to find out if anyone is logged on to my machine from outside. I did a virus scan the other day and found backdoor.xenozbot on my computer. I have fixed it, but going through my security logs from that time. I have found a number of anon user loggins. I still have them. I did my research and found what this does. I still have a few anon log ins, but want to see where and when they are logging in from. I also want to see if they are logged on when I am. Any idea? Thanks

John

John,

ZoneAlarm will alert you to all incoming and outgoing's to or from your computer.

Task Manager > Users will tell you about windows log-ins.

Norton Firewall 2003 has a tracking utility, how accurate this is i am not too sure. Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well. [bigears]

When you are online, go to start, run, type in cmd.That brings up your dos prompt. Type in "netstat -a" or "netstat -A" that will tell you who is connected. Also try netstat -an. good luck

crow053:

I tryed the netstat -a and so on, I get " netstat-a is not recognized as an internal or external command. Duker

There is a space between "netstat" and "-a".... --------------------------------
LongStar
"If everything seems to be going
well, you obviously don't know what
the hell is going on !" (Murphy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back