Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
Anyone have any good recommendations on a call accounting software package that mostly tracks outgoing calls? We have BCMS, but a specific department only wants to track their reps outbound calls since that the majority of the calls they make. Thanks in advance.

Tony

The tiger cdr package is widely used with the avaya switch , i have seen it working, it lokks pretty good.

Hi,

We have used Tiger-2000 since 2001, have had few problems with database etc..(Database can get HUGE) but the Support Guys dial-up and use Carbon Copy (PC to PC) to fix. In the older Definity's you had to have a Data Module (From Definity) connected to a collection PC (SMDR data - Tiger Collection) but with the new Communications Servers you can use TCP/IP.

One thing to mention is that if you want to log internal extension calls to internal extensions, you have to add all of your extensions to a Intra-CDR table in the switch.

Hope that helps. Steve.

I use Genesis Systems.

Excellent report generation including automatic emailing. Support is very good, only problem is that is a separate database that has to be updated as I'm sure they all are.

We use Proteus with our v11. Works ok.

lever.

Can everyone that replied please give the pricing (if known) on what you're using? Anyone using a product by the name of Microcall? Thanks again.

Tony

I have used microcall for years. Depnding on how many users you have the cost is different. I Have 1100 extentionsand i pay about $899 a year for service. To get new site started they quoted me $3k to start up a new site with 500 extentions. I hade no problems with this sys. I would recomend it as long as you will not be using it in a call center.

I just stopped using TriVium and have been dumping calls to a .txt file using Hyper Terminal. It's fast and free :) But I just started doing it this way...

(G3si)

We use TAPIT by Trisys. It works really well. The reports are detailed and easily customizable. Check it out. Not sure on Pricing.

I looked long and hard and settled on TapitEX from Trisys based on price/performance. If you don't require accurate pricing and don't mind the extra station/name database work (it's NOT integrated to the point of only having to input or change the info on the Avaya station form).
They have a combined inbound/outbound report that our Sales Managers use that sounds like what your after. See a sample here:
Telecom and Data will sell it for around $1400 + extra for annual support and extra modules. (That's about 1/3 to 1/4 the price for eCAS and others--depending on the number of station records you need to license it for.
Web reports is nice to have sales managers do those nagging lookups when a salesperson forgets to write the phone number down and they are just sure it's a $20K sale!
The interface still has a somewhat clumsy look/feel--kinda leftover DOS days stuff. They do have a fully functional demo available that allows you to install and run it for
30 days, so you can really see if it works for you BEFORE you buy--I really liked that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back