Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking down a parameter request, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddean68

Programmer
Sep 6, 2003
US
I have a form that has 3 subforms. Not sure if that matters here. When I close the form I get 2 pop ups requesting Parameter values.

one is forms!frm_channel_compare!Channel Package

once again I doubt the name matters. What I need to do is try and track down where this parameter is being requested, so that I can eliminate this. Unless there is some other trick to cancel this from happening. The form works great, except for this issue.

Assuming you do not have a field named [Channel Package], 2 places to check include:
-Design the frm_channel_compare form. Pull down the combo box on the toolbar that has all the form objects in it. Look for and select Channel Package. if one exists, delete it.
-go into Query Builder for the Record Source of the frm_channel_compare form. Look for a column that says Channel Package and delete it.

Ok it seems the request was cut short and I could not make out the whole line. I traced it down to being a sql statement that is a subforms source. However it is prompting for the information on exit as well. Almost as if the top page is unloading before the subform on exit and the parameter is being checked again before the subform unloadS?

Well, if the sub form is causing the problem, then here is a quick fix that might work.

In your main form, on the form close event, set the sub form object to nothing.
[blue]
Me.Thesubfrm1.SourceObject = ""
[black]
Now, there will be no object running in the sub form, so you should not see the message.

Hope this helps,
Hap [2thumbsup]

Access Developer [pc] - [americanflag]
Specializing in Access based Add-on Solutions for the Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back