Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracker 2750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Option43

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
IS
Hi,
Just been trying to connect a Tracker 2750 (modem) to an NIU2. In the past we have been connecting 2600, 2650 and 2700 with no problems. When connecting the 2750 using the same cable used for the other modems, when entering the SSSSS the screen keeps reverting back to the option menu. For example, 1 for MD110 or 2 To exit. Has anyone experienced this? Could someone post the correct wiring from the MD110 end to the 9 way RS232 which then connects to the blue connector provided by Data Track?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Yes i have experienced this exact problem... at first i thought i was going mad when i was making up new cables (thought my soldering skills had gone to pot)... i found if i physically pushed the Ericsson quarter plug in firmly with my index finger the connection intermittently worked (i could input SSSSSSS's succesfully and logon to MD110 - so judging from this i'm guessing i was accidently connecting two pins that weren't supposed to be strapped... in the end i gave up with it as i ran out of time (being a technical helpdesk engineer). I'm going to look at it again next week and hopefully find the pin-outs... according to datatrack they asked me to disconnect pin 1 on the serial end but this didn't work.
I will post another reply if i find the correct pin outs.

Sorry i forgot to add;

A 25 pin cable with null connector going from 25 pin to 9 pin converter works fine.

The pin layouts i used for Ericsson quarter plug to 9 pin which gives me the same fault you are getting was this;

9 pin serial end -
pin 1 ---> white/blue
pin 2 ---> blue
pin 3 ---> white/orange
pin 4 ---> orange
pin 5 ---> white/green
pin 6 ---> green
pin 7 ---> white/brown
pin 8 ---> brown
pin 9 ---> 'not used'

Ericsson quarter plug end;
i will reprasent the quarter plug end like this (3 pins accross and 7 pins down labbelled a...u;
abc
def
ghi
jkl
mno
pqr
stu

a = white/orange
b = blue
h = white/green
n = green
o = orange