Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track overtime - who's next - based on senority and who worked last

Status
Not open for further replies.

seekinganswers

Technical User
Feb 3, 2003
US
As Curly said, "I'm trying to think, but nothins happenin!"

If I have an Emp table;
EmpID
Name
Title
Date of Hire

And a OT Tracking table;
OTID
EmpID
Date of OT
Hours worked/refused
Number of hours worked

Can I get a form to open at the next person who should be asked to work based on who worked or refused to work last and who is next based on senority?

Charitable donations to my brain are accepted.

Thanks.

Seeking,

I have a database that I wrote for our facility that tracks Overtime and list who is next on the offering sheet.

If you would like a copy let me know and I will send it.

create a one to many relationship between the tables, and order by 'Date of OT' in ascending order. That should show those who havn't been offered at all first, and then you can sort on Seniority somehow based on Title (you will need a way to order peoples seniority).

The first record should be the person to be offered OT next. you may want a tick box to state that someone refused, so you can include/exclude that offer from the sort, depending on what your policy is.

mharroff

That sure would be helpful. Of course I've blocked mdb files on the Exchange server due to the risk potential. Could you zip it and send it to
mhealy@ccts.tec.nj.us?

Thanks!!!!!

Hi
I am also trying to create something similar. I would appreciate a copy of the same file. Thanx
npehadzic@hostmann-steinberg.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back