Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track New Added Row In Sheet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDTiff

MIS
May 29, 2002
US
Hello,

Can someone please help me with this? Thank you for your help in advance.

I have a worksheet, and I would like the row color to change from white to green when a user enter information into a blank row. I have tried to enter this formula into Conditional Format Formula: "=NOT(ISBLANK(ROWS()))" but it would not let me do it. Do I have to write code to make this work?

Thank you once more time for your help.

DDTiff

Try something like this in your Conditional Formatting:

=NOT(COUNTA(1:1)=0) for row 1

Hope this helps!

Peace!! [americanflag] [peace] [americanflag]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Take a look at FAQ219-2884

Thanks Mike for your response, but when I added the formula into the Conditional Format, only the cell "A1" changed color.

What should I do to change so it reponds to the whole row?

Thank for your help.

Mike, it works like a charm. Thank you very much for your help and time.

Hello Again,

I have another question that I have been trying to figure out for two days.

If my worksheet already has data in it, and I want to change the font color of any row that used to be empty and now has new added information.

For example, the information that I entered previously will be black font color, and anything that I added later on will have green font color.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have you though about using the "Highlight Changes" feature.

Tools->Track Changes->Highlight Changes ...

Mike

Yes, I did. I thought there is another way to track using the conditional formats. Maybe tracking changes is the only way. Please let me know if you have another way come to mind. I appreciate your time and assistance.

DDTiff

DDTiff said:
If my worksheet already has data in it, and I want to change the font color of any row that used to be empty and now has new added information.

Isn't that what we just covered with the first solution, or do you mean any CELL that was previously empty?

Mike

Mike,

My goal is that I want to be able to tell what information is old and what has just been added (information configuration control).

The first solution only let me turn on and off the color of the row when the row is either empty or not. It doesn't tell me whether the information is new or old.

Thank you,

DDTiff

As another respondant implied, probably best using track changes for config control purposes as it can:
highlight on screen ,
allow selective acceptance and
also produce a history of changes listed on a sheet for full traceability, including the user that modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back