Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track Changes in Word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

bflochick

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
In Word 2002's track changes options, you no longer have the option to set up the appearance of deleted text. It automatically defaults to crossing it out with a red line. We want to turn that off.

I believe the configuration for this is in tools/options/track changes.

Hope this helps.

No, that is the problem. It is in there for Word 2000, but not 2002. The only thing you can set up is insertions, formatting and change line, not deletions. It just assumes we want it red cross-out, when we don't.

How would you like the deleted text to appear? Some things can be changed, but not as many. We may not be able to get what you had before, but we can change the red, and the balloons versus strikethrough. Changing the color for insertions also changes the color for deletions.

What do you have in mind?

We do not want anything to happen to the deleted text, just for it to go away. The only things we want turned on is insertions to be red, and changed lines to have the red mark on the ourside border. We do not want any of the other fearues. Thanks.

Well, it appears we can't seperate the deletions from insertions on the choices.

I also tried to do a find and replace (I was going to find all of the strikethrough and replace it with "hidden" format); however the program doesn't mark the deletions in a way I have found to search for them (they don't show as strikethrough, etc.).

I normally want to see deletions also, so this was a new situation for me to create. Not having any more luck than you did.

Anyone else have better ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back