Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracing dropped calls in call centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1053

Technical User
May 24, 2001
GB
Is there an procedure for tracing dropped calls. we have intermittant disconnects and I'd like to have be able to say to our service provider thats its not the switch (G3si) but before I do that I need to be sure it's not. This happens only in the call centre and with diffenrent agents and lines.

I would have the agents note the time and trunk that the disconnect occured on. Then do a list measurements ds1 summary or log to see what the swithch tells you.

Well I checked the list meas ds1 log and summary but couldn't make head or tail of it:). Which fields data would relate to forced disconnects or line errors? I would like be as able to determine whether the switch is forced releasing calls or causing some kind of errors. It only happens with a small percentage. The call agents are reporting this , so it's not them pressing Release.

Thx

use CDR disconnect info instead of FRL field to find if it switch or farther end disconnect

well in st 'ch sys param cdr' screen the 'disconnect information instead of FRL' is set to 'n', i could set this to yes but our CDRs are already exported to a call accounting package which would not interpret this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back