Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracing a fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPhil

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
GB
We have an agent who complains that calls keep dropping out, we have tried to mimic the fault without success on her station. we have also swapped the station, port, headsey patch leads, patching port etc.

Is there a trace command that will help pinpoint a possible channel on an incoming trunk that may be at fault. At present we are looking at dyslexic finger operation by the agent but want to cover all bases.

"List trace station xxxx" from the PBX or activate an agent trace in CMS. CMS would probably be the better of the 2 since it will store the data rather than just displaying it on a SAT screen.

-CL

You might also try displaying alarms and errors, looking at the cleared ones to see if you can find anything relating to specific trunks.
If it was me with the problem I would probably say I had the dyslexic fingers, There are those days when the brain and fingers just don't seem to match.....

Are there other stations in the switch affected?

Kevin

Only one, we have sat with the user to see if it's user error. The agent has been logged out for no obvious reason as if a busy and release as happened on the staion.

Can G3R's be possesed!!?

If you've sat with them and seen it's not related to a "fat finger", it's not the phone, or port, you may have a legit cable issue. Try reterminting the jack. Maybe there's a loose connection the agent is kicking with his/her feet? What type of set is it? What type of circuit card and vintage? -CL

Phone is 6416D+M and card type is TN2214B vintage 003, we have re-patched and eliminated the cable issue, it is patched to different floor outlet away from feet, different port/card and patch cables used. we have also replaced phone and headset. All the obvious places to look have been checked, nothing obvious jumps out as a potential cause.

Try replacing the phone with another phone that's currently working on the same exact circuit pack. I once saw an instance of a buggy combination of a specific phone rev combined with a specific circuit pack rev. The phone worked fine on other packs and the pack worked fine on other phones. It's not very likely but it seems like you are running out of ideas. -CL

If you suspect a trunk problem, why not use the list measurements commands to look at trunk traffic. Try "list measurements lightly used trunk". It may point to one that's dropping calls. You may have to set it up using the change measuremnets command and let it track for 24 hours.

lopes1211 gives good advice when he says to swap the phone. If that did not resolve the issue, try swapping the circuit pack with an identical pack in the system. See if the problem follows the circuit pack. If you are using the TN2214B, I have to assume you are in Europe or in the US working on an Offer Catagory B Definity. The TN2214B will not work in an Offer Catagory A Definity.

Is this agent the only one logged in for a specific skill ?
If yes, check the setting of the queue-length. We had some problems with overloading of queues which seemed to drop customers from already being answered and hanging somewhere in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back