Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Traced imaged doesn't show in Bridge 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyell

Technical User
Aug 5, 2007
US
I think I've done something wrong in the beginning, but I don't know how to get out of it. I placed a .jpg object with the template option checked-- unfortunately, I can't remember whether I checked the link option or not. I then traced the file and expanded the result. That layer now has the "circle, triangle, square" icon showing in the visibility box. Now everything appears copacetic -- I can make copies, modify, color, and print different versions of the file -- but when I look at the files in the Bridge, all I can see is an empty box. I can live with it, but it sure makes it difficult to visually distinguish between separate versions, and I'd like to:
1) change it if I possibly can, and
2) learn what I did wrong, or didn't do, that caused this problem.

CORRECTION to the above. I can't PRINT the damned thing! Can't live with that!

Template layers won't be visible and will not print.

Double click on the template layer in Illustrator and uncheck the option template.

This will make the template layer in a normal layer and everything on that layer will be visible in Bridge and you will be able to print it.

hope this helps

Thank you, carlow -- that did the trick. You are my hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back