Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trace issue in X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

corelchris

Technical User
Apr 27, 2007
US
I need some input on an issue with the CorelDRAW x3 Tracing option. I know how it works, the problem is it is creating extra shapes.
If any of you would be willing to try the following and let me know the out come it would be appreciated.

CorelDRAW X3
Draw a white rectangle with a black outline.
Draw a black rectangle in side that.
Draw three of four small white rectangle inside that and black rectangles in side those.
Go to Edit and Select All objects
Bitmap and Convert to Bitmap and make it a Monochrome Black and White Bitmap.
Now Trace it as Line Art.
Once complete move the trace one to the side
Go to View and set the screen to Wireframe.
Select the traced version. Select Arrange and Ungroup.
Click off the design to release it.
Select the outside rectangle and move it to the side.

Are you also moving rectangles from the inside?
Did it also leave copies of these rectangle behind?
Can you please let me know if you can duplicate this.

Thank you

I get the same results - but I don't think this is as you are describing it. What you are getting is the equivalent of the weld function. Think in vector format - you need a closed path to fill with a solid color. In this case, the "copies" of the rectangles are "holes" in your original rectangle. These holes then use the "left behind" rectangles for their fill attributes. A simpler explanation of this might be if you don't use black and white, but rather red and blue. You will see the red would have holes for the blue rectangles. However, in Wireframe mode, it will appear exactly as you have described in the black and white scenario. The problem with black and white is it is only 2-bit (or is it 1??) IN either case, the "white" areas are being seen as "not black" - as opposed to a fill color of their own - else it would also be black. If you keep it in 8 bit mode, this will be apparent. The "other" color (white) just happens to match the background page - and so when the original trace is done, it looks like the original bitmap. If you draw a red colored rectangle, then right-click -> Order -> send to back of page then slide that red rectangle behind your tracing, you will see what I mean when you begin to move the pieces around. Hope this helps

Yes, However this is the only version it does this in. If you try the same steps in 12 it doesn't create these extra shapes. It makes the shapes as separate objects on top of the shapes not as a hole in the shape plus make a shape to fill the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back