Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trace a Call with HiPath 4000 V2 Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkeneson

Vendor
Apr 5, 2001
US
My coworker In Pittsburg has a Siemens HiPath 4000 V2 PBX that connects to two (2) ISDN PRIs for outgoing calls.

Intermitently, an outgoing call routed over these two PRIs hits a bad trunk (distant end cannot hear the Pittsburg user).

How can my coworker trace a call to identify the bad trunk using his HiPath 4000 Assistant?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Brad

Brad:
Using the Assistant GUI, and if you have the engineering pwd or the priviledge in your own pwd, use the following path to monitor the PRI:

Diagnostics>Switch Diagnosis Report>Realtime Diagnosis : It takes a bit to load and wait for a login screen to appear.

Login to a new session using whatever name: I use the name I logged into Assistant with.

Click on MONITOR TRUNK/LINE/DATA LINE/ ISDN TRACE in the upper left hand corner.

At the next screen under the STATION/PEN put in the PEN of the PRI (ex.1-2-61-0, the 0 being the 1st of the two potential PRIs on that card and 1 being the second), then under Type field use IDSN or Trunk Monitor depending on which best fits your needs. Then click either your monitor display or IDSN TRACE display to see the actual results.

Play with it a bit and you'll find it is a good tool for trouble shooting.

Hope this helps.

Rod.

I just joined TekTips, and tried to post a job, but failed, so I thought I'd pose this question to the Forum. I am a vendor with a client in Dayton, Ohio that has put me to the ultimate test. I need a phone switch technician for MAC duties on Siemens HiPath 4500 phone system, and Xpressions phone mail system. In addition, it's only part-time, sometimes 5 hours a week, could be 20 hours a week, depending on the volume and scheduling of re-sizing offices, moving cubicles, etc. And, the part-time hours would be during normal business hours, between 8 am and 5 pm. So, I was looking for someone who may have been downsized. Know anyone that could use some part-time work in Dayton? I don't think they'd allow a remote situation. Any help is very appreciated!

Sinner2:

Thanks for the info. I forwarded your instructions to my coworker who is using them to help find the troubles.

P.S. Sorry it took me this long to thank you.

Thanks Again,

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back