Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TR2331 This level is a catagory count level for one............ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiRRo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2003
NL
Hi people,

I am facing the last time with some errors. Now I get error TR2331 This level is a catagory count level for one or more measures. Therefore it cannot be deleted! I put that level into my model now I cant deleted. I could setup a new model but I want to resolve this error.

Thanks,

MiRRo

MiRrO,
You need to identify the measure that references this level and change it so that it no longer references the level you wish to delete. Just check each measure in turn....
lex

Hi drlex,

Can you tell me how to that?

Yup,
1) Double click on a measure
2) select the "Type" tab
3) If the 'Category Count' radio button is checked, then uncheck it and substitute a calculated category (give it a value of '1'), to stisfy the failsafe checking.
4) Click on OK
repeat for all measures until category counted measure found.
Now you can delete the level that was referenced.
lex

Thank(1000*)you drlex!!!!!

Cheers,

MiRRo

MiRRO,
you're too kind. [smile]
It can be frustrating when one gets into a 'lock-out' situation in Transformer in trying to change something (a datatype in a calculated field, a measure) and the program gives you an error message.
Try and consider it a helpful 'fail-safe' that prevents you from breaking the model!
lex

Yes espacially on monday mornings! :)

Drlex,

I will tell you the problem I am facing with. I have a level shipnotenum(catagory count level). This level gives us the number of shippings. I put this level in my time dimension so when we drill down to level day we can see the shipnotenums at that day. Its working fine but not perfect, the reason is that I also get the shipnotes of 2001,2002 on that day when I am drilling down on 2003. Why does he shows the shipnotenums of 2001,2002 when I am drilling down on 2003?????

Cheers,

MiRRo

MiRRo,
For such to work, you need to have at least one data source with both the date and the shipnotenum.
If there's only one source, it's probably rogue data
If you have more than one data source, best check all of them for shipnotenums - you might have a source with a date and number in which conforms to the category.

You can always work in reverse - use one of the 'wrong' shipnotenums or 'wrong' dates and use that as a filter on the iqd(s) so that the models shows only those records that are coming in incorrectly and from the other dimension, help determine why.

good luck,
lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back