Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TR1901 The number of children.......... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiRRo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2003
NL
Hi,

I made a new model, after running the cube I get this error:
TR1901 The number of children (or parents) of a catagory cannot exceed 65,536. (Drill)in d:\temp\invoices3.mdc

I checked my model properties but could not find a way to set it over 65,536 (what I think the problem is). What do I need to do to resolve this error? Thx anyway.

Cheers,

Mirro

Hi Murat

Cognos does have an upper limit of 65K children PER parent. This thread401-636114 , is a neat trick that Flex13 came up with that goes around the limit. There is no pratical upper limit on the number of chidren in the entire cube, so his work-around works great.

Cheers
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

How do I know wicht dimension causes the error?

Cheers,

Murat

Right click on one of the dimesions on the dimension map, & then Show Counts

Do you really have over 65000 children per parent, or is this a problem somewere?

BR

Must be serious, you are at the office very late!

In Transformer, you can click on the toolbar icon to display the category counts. The icon looks like an odometer, and should show you which dimension is the culprit.

Hi Bruce & flex,

Thx for your reply. Yes Bruce I really have over 65000 children per parent. No Bruce I am not at office I am home now :). It's now 21.20 o'clock here. Tomorrow I will ad another level(which has no children over 65000) and hope this will help. I will lett you know the result.

Cheers,

Murat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back