Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(TR1901) Local PowerCube size exceeded allowed maximum of

Status
Not open for further replies.

canhe

Programmer
Oct 4, 2002
IE
Hi,

I got this error running transformer on Unix "(TR1901) Local PowerCube size exceeded allowed maximum of 2147418112 bytes." . Does the cube have an maximum allocated space. I did not run out of space for reading otherwise the error would be 'transformer cant write to a file'

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Canhe

Are you on NT or Unix ?

The size by default is 2 Gb maximum.
You have to modify your ini file to exceed it.

Hi,

I am on Unix. What properties do I modify in the ini file. My cube exceeded the 2gb.

Thanks

In the section [PowerPlay Transformer] :

MultiFileThreshold=0

Hello RVLF,

If I set MultiFileThreshold=0 this means that it is disabled and it is only possible to create one cube at a time and the output cube is contained in one file.Does this put a limit on the size of the cube?

I want to run multiple models together and I have the MultiFileThreshold=20000000 at present and I dont see why the powercube can't be greater than 2gb.

Should I set the MultiFileThreshold=3/4/5 gb? or am I missing something here?

Thanks
Canhe

I don't know on Unix system. it's depending your system (i.e old unix version can't generate more than 2gB files).

0 it's for disable the max size.

Hi RVLF,

I was looking at setting Multithreshold=0 and then it is only possible to create one cube at a time and the max cube size is 2 gb, so this would really not solve my problem.

I think that I have to set Multithreshold=5/6 or even higher gb.

Thanks for the info. I seen in another thread you spoke about connecting to remote cubes. You said something about modifying CGI or something like this. At the moment I have this problem connecting to remote cubes on a unix machine.
Do you have an idea how to solve this problem?

Canhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back