Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[TR1901] A PowerCube Table or index is full

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDAEMS

Programmer
Aug 27, 2003
BE
Dear sir/madam,

Has anyone found a solution for this problem:

thread401-261991

I am now facing the same problem. My cube file exceeds the 2GB and I would like to know what to do now?

Thank you in advance.

kind regards
Jelle

Use the parameter MultiFileCubeThreshold. This parameter sets the number of rows for one file (or something like that). You should test some different values. We use MultiFileCubeThreshold=7500000.
This can be set in the ini file (so all cubes will be using this value) or as an input parameter like "-dMultiFileCubeThreshold=XXXXX" (so only this cube will have the data devided over several files).
You will recieve one small mdc file and several larger mdp files.

We had a consultant take a look at this for us and here is his response:

"There is a setting in the .ini file that allows for multiple files for a particular cube once a specified number of records is reached. If this is set to zero, as it was, no multiple files will be generated and 2GB is the limit. The suggestion is to set this to 1000000 records."

The best value for MultiFileCubeThreshold depends on the size of your input records. Small records will mean you can set the value much higher. You have to test some different values.
If you set the value to high it is possible you will create mdp files that are larger then 2G. If you set it to low you will recieve a lot mdp files (even when it you don't need them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back