Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TP Error: Version mismatch for shared memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjwales

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
I'm doing some work on an old machine that is running HPUX 10.20, Oracle 733, MIMS 4.1 and TP 2o (told you it was old :))

Was trying to copy to a testing machine - and couldn't get the 2o to compile. Had a tar of a 1r TP lying about so I thought to myself "Self, let's try to install that".

Got it installed and compiled.

Updated /etc/mincom_tp.tbl to point to the new $MINCOM_TP directory.

Then, when I try to run *anything* - be it msstrtup, tp_stat, tp_info, I get:

tp_info 041104 004218 [MINCOM TP Version 3.008/2O]
...................... Acode: 102 Version mismatch for shared memory

Somehow it's still thinking that it's running the 2o instead of the 1r and it's causing me no end of pain.

I removed the 2o directory so it's not even there any more. Don't know where it's picking up to 2o version from.

Just for background, I did do a complete remake:

make CLEAN
tp_config
logout/login
tp_mkfl
make

Any closet TP experts out there? I could really use a pointer on this one. Only thing I can think of is that there's still a process running in memory (can't see anything when I do a "ps -ef | grep mimsp" but there may be some semaphore left over somewhere or something.

I know I'm missing something, probably something glaringly obvious, I just can't pinpoint it.

Anyone able to give me a pointer?

Thanks
Steve

stephen.wales@riotinto.com

Two things you should check:

1) The mmap files have been removed.
cd $MINENV_RUN
rm *mmap*

2) Make sure the there is no HPUX10.sh file in the $MINENV_RUN/login directory.

Yeah, I had the rm *mmap* epiphany on Saturday evening before I'd seen this post. That was the missing link in my puzzle.

Thanks

stephen.wales@riotinto.com

Another thing you might need to do is run the msgenenv script to recreate .env file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back