Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tough Question on Images and Tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmycr

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
This is a tough one.

I am looking for a way to have a .gif image to appear in an applet. I am then looking to be able to have a pallette of images where I can click on one and then click on the image and have that space tiled in with the image.

I know it is possible.

Does anyone know where I can find some source code for this? I already have a pallette with just colors that will fill in the image where I click. Im am looking to expand it.

You can load an image using the getImage() method of Applet (runslands post) - the thread below shows you how to do that, and also shows you how to read other image formats (ie not gif) using the ImageIO class (my post).

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

I can show 1 main image. What i am looking to do is fill in a part of the main image with another image that repeats itself until the section of the main image is filled. The main image is just a drawn image.

i dont think im being very clear. sorry

i want to fill an image with tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back