Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tough e-mail Question - exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoleM

Programmer
Oct 18, 2001
ZA
Hi all,

I have a BIG problem, I would like to send mail messages using exchange (via vb + mapi) which I have managed to do if I am logged on to the domain im on.

however I cant gaurentee that the pc will be logged on to the domain when I want to send the mail, and afaik I have to create an NT service to be able to log on and send mail, but I REALLY dont want to do this + I have tried to send mail to the exchange server and I get a "connection forcefully rejected" message. SO I am VERY stuck!!!

Can anyone suggest an alternative, all I need to do is send some mail via vb?

Thanks!

oops I meant to say "I have tried to send mail to the exchange server using a winsock control and I get a "connection forcefully rejected" message"

When you say the pc may not be logged on to the domain when you want to send the email do you mean the pc is logged on to another domain or the pc is not logged on at all.

I you mean the latter how do you propose to run the VB application you are trying to write to send the e-mails ?

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst

well ordinarily if I am not logged on to the domain as such, I am prompted for my username, domain and password, and can then access my mail, ie the pc is on the network but I am not logged on to the domain. I would basically not want to be prompted - to be logged on via code

I found a solution!
I added a scheduled task which runs my application "when my computer starts", this allows me to run the exe as a certain user! I have tested it and it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back