Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tough db nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliptdisk

Programmer
Aug 16, 2000
US
I mistated the issue, in my earkier question. What I have is a list box, not a text box (my bad, combined with the db designer's ineptitude with naming conventions), which displays purchases made by the client. Each record has several headers for various fields, like Name, Description, etc. The way the thing is set up, currently, the user can double click on a record and it will pass the values to a text box for editing. What I need to do is make it so the user can reorder the records, using a drag and drop. Does anyone know of any methods I could use to achieve this. Would I be better off using a different kind of control, like an Active X component? Is this even possible?

Sheridan makes an ActiveX widget that allows u to drag 'n drop columns lilke you're talking, with filters, bookmarks and sorts.

You may want to use a grid - FlexGrid - which can reorder columns. You will then be able to have buttons, options,... to allow the user to click which will change the sort order of the records.

Simon [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back