Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

touchtone on IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORTELCS

Technical User
Aug 2, 2007
i am not getting a touch tone from IP phones when i am dialing to a SP or any call center the IVR will answer the call after that if i dial any key to follow the instructions nothing is dialing. any one how knows the solution.

thanks.

if you go into the configuration on the phone and look for local Dialpad tone and select DTMF that will give you DTMF localy....
But it sounds like the IVR is not getting the DTMF,

i have tested with diffrenet number and companies auto attendant when i am pressing any digit for ex. 0 for operator no response.

do i need to change the eest in CDB to yes to fix this problem

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm not getting any dtmf tones from my ip phones to the local integrated conference bridge. I have set the eest and dtmf to yes in ld 15, ftr_data, but the tones still don't get to the ICB.

First starting point with all queries - is your CS 1000 fully patched (both core and Sig Server/MGC) and are your IP Phones running the latest firmware?

When testing,just call from the IP phone to a phone next to you to see if you get DTMF when you hit the keys. If not do as triton101 said to do and then try again. Don't add other things into the mix when trying to figure out what it wrong, have as few peices in the puzzle as possible. if you can't get it to work between 2 phones right next to each other, your going to be doing a lot of changing things.

Keep it simple

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

What is the system type and RLS?

It could be you media card / DSPs that are an issue as well. (I had an issue like that through virtual trunks, one side would send DTMF but the other could not....)

Post one of you DSP trunks here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back