Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Touchscreen Designer Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannycci

Technical User
Dec 19, 2019
US
Hello all,

I have a question related to the touchscreen designer for our Micros 3700 POS (ver 5.4). We have recently added more tables due to a seating occupancy change and I have ran into an issue when attempting to add these tables. At present we have fifteen tables named as 1 - Restaurant, 2 - Restaurant, and so on. We then have B1 - Restaurant, B2 - Restaurant and so on for our bar seating (I am referencing the "Table" field in the designer at the lower portion, in my attachment you'll see B4 - Restaurant). What I need to do is add another couple of tables named 16 - Restaurant, 17 - Restaurant, etc. However, I am unclear on where in the designer or POS configurator to add these. That drop down list does not include any ability to add more table types.

Also, I have another question unrelated to the designer. Our chef has also requested if we could make a change to the information that prints on our kitchen tickets. When we use the "Spell It" function button (to add wording or items not in our item list) the ticket also prints in red literally the words "Spell It" to indicate that this info was typed in. Is there any way to stop the ticket from printing the words "Spell It" (it makes the tickets hard to read, adding unnecessary info) and only print what the server has typed?

Any help in these matters would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=71b6cd71-0c26-4cef-9bbe-4067fbd922f5&file=micros.JPG
You name your tables in posconfig, Revenue Centre, RVC Table Seating. Look for your existing and use same format to label more.
For the second question find the Menu item class for your typed in special prep, then go to Print tab, set Print on order printer to "Name 2 only" and then ensure in menu items name 2 is blank for that item

Thanks so much @Wildbar, I will make these changes later today! Appreciate the prompt reply and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back