Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Totals 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2005
US
I have two sub reports in my main report. Each subreport displays a number field. I would like to total these numbers for each row and also sum up the grand total for each column on the last page of the report. How can I do that? How can I access fields on my subreport from the main report?

That's a very handy article. (I figure I'll latch onto this thread since my question is almost identical).

I have a report with a subreport. I am totaling the subreport for each item in the report and bringing it to the main report without incident. Now at the bottom of the report, I am trying to calculate a grand total (of the totals of the subreports) and cant seem to get that to work. Any ideas?

Create another copy of the control that "brings" the item to the main report. Name this control "txtTotFromSub". Set its running sum to Over All. Add a text box to the report footer with a control source of:
=txtTotFromSub

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back