Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

totals per month

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrmcguire

Programmer
Oct 13, 2010
US
If Im wanting to find the totals of a certain field, for example, DispatchProfit, for a month period how would I go about doing this? In other words, how to find the totals of a field based on month

thanks

If an appropriate date field is included in the data, create a group in the report based on the date field, and in the Change Group Options, select "for each month" in the Change Group Options window. Then in the group footer, insert a summary of the field.

thats not exactly what we're trying to do here, I have a total called DispatchProfit, which is the total of two other formulas together(Dispatch Net Total MLA and MLT Net Total us)

The fields that these totals come from all have a pickupdate associated with them. What Im trying to do is get the Dispatch Profit total and have it charted per month based on the pickupdate month.

thanks

Hi! To more fully understand what you are trying to do, it may be useful for you to provide an example of the data you are working with and the formulas you are using.

what I have is a series of formulas based on for are 2 companies, company1 = MLA and company2 = MLT

the formulas are:

DispatchProfit={Dispatch Net Total MLA} + {MLT Net Total US}

Dispatch Profit is what Im trying to summarize per month based on the field {Shipments.pickupdate}, which is a part of each record

{Dispatch Net Total MLA} = Sum({Net Total MLA})

Net Total MLA = if {Shipment.Company} = 'MLA' then {{Shipments.Net_Total} else 0

MLT Net Total US = Sum ({MLT Net Total})

MLT Net Total = if{MLT Linehaul 8%} < {MLT Net Total i} then {MLT Linehaul 8%} else {MLT Net Total i}

MLT Linehaul 8% = if {Shipments.Company} = 'MLT' then .15 * {Shipments.Linehaul} else 0

MLT Net Total i = if {Shipments.Company} = 'MLT' then {Shipments.Net_Total} else 0

this has been solved, thanks for your help..

You should explain the solution so that the thread becomes meaningful to other users.

-LB

what I did was for each of the totals which produced the final total, dispatchprofit do the following

Dispatch Net Total MLA = Sum ({@Net Total MLA},{SHIPMENTS_TTX.PICKUPDATE}, "monthly")

and

MLT Net Total US = Sum ({@MLT Net Total},{SHIPMENTS_TTX.PICKUPDATE}, "monthly")

then suppress everything except my chart in the report footer to display on change of the following:

if {@Pickup Date} >= {@Min Date} and {@Pickup Date}<= {@Max Date} then

"'" &
Right(Left(ToText (Year ({@Pickup Date})),InStr (ToText (Year ({@Pickup Date})),'.')-1),2) &
" " &
{@Month Place}&Left(ToText (Month ({@Pickup Date})),InStr (ToText (Month ({@Pickup Date})),'.')-1) &
MonthName (Month ({@Pickup Date}))

where Min and Max date are the min and max of a parameter field before the report is run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back