Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total this page, not total this report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPACAccessWiz

Technical User
Mar 30, 2002
US
I have a report that shows a total at the end of the report and a total at the end of any group. I have recieved a request to show a total at the end of the page, and I have not been successful. I have a field in my report detail called [Total]. I have a total of this text box in the report footer that works with the control soruce =Sum([Total]). When I copy and past this text box into the page footer I get #Error in the print report.

Why would someone be requesting a page total of what appears to be unrelated data from a grouping standpoint, since you already are totalling grouped data and total data for the report?

Maybe the answer is to page break by the grouping and that gives them an automatic page total.

Mike

I'm with you on that brother. I asked them the same thing. Thanks for the help with the page break suggestion.

Actually I had the same stupid request and was able to create it, works pretty neat.
Go to MS support and search for "How to sum a Column of numbers in a report by page." (Q210261).

Instructions were simple to follow and it worked great.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back