Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

total on form

Status
Not open for further replies.

amna77

Programmer
May 27, 2003
GB
hi on my form i am tying to get total, like total defects, by doing =Sum(([TBlush])+([TBurn])+([TContanmination])). i does calculate sum, but it does not show changes right away, i tried to put requery macro on after update event of thos three fields, so when ever i enter any number it shoud update my total defects right away, but it does not. it does update when i move back and forth in my records.
anyidea why i am not getting update defects right away? what should i do?
tahnks in advance

After Update kicks in after you've updated the field (which doesn't happen until you leave it). You can try the BeforeUpdate or OnChange events.

i tried that requery macro on changeevent, but still not working, i still have to jump to next record and then come back, then it updates. does not update right away when i make chages

Thankyou ZmrAbdulla , its working now, thanks for help.

Hi, I used that me.recalc on those three fields exit event. it was working fine. this total works fine for stand alone form, but when i made that form as sub form,then it does not work. In short when i open this subform in new window then its working fine, but when i try to enter from main form, then it does not. it does not exit the field. I enter value and then press tab or try to click in next text box, it does not let me exit the field.
any idea why is that.
Thanks

Got it now, I did that Recalc on after update event, and its working fine, for stand alone form, plus as a sun form as well.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back