Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total of group below in current group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1nNeed0fHe1p

Technical User
Oct 11, 2004
GB
Hi
I'm using Crystal v9 taking data off of a DB2 database.
I'm having a bit of trouble with my drill downs. I've got 3 grouped levels of info 'Manager', 'Teams' and 'Workdone'. In that order of hierarchy.

Now I still want to be able to drill down to individual manager's teams and see what they've done but now i also need a summary of total work done grouped by Manager but the report to stay basically the same i.e. Manager 'A' would still have teams 'B', 'C' ,'D' to drill into but also a new 'Totalwork' option under him available, is this possible?

Hopefully this isn't too stupid a question, but i'm stuck

Cheers

If you insert a summary on your workdone field for all group levels, then if the user drilled down on the manager, the user would see summaries per team as well as a total per manager. Is this not sufficient?

-LB

Thanks LB but not quite, i see what you mean, sorry i wasn't clear enough. As i still wanted to have further underlying data available to drill down rather than a summary.

I have managed to get what i wanted now with a sub report in the manager footer linked by manager, which is basically a stripped down version of the same report with the team grouping taken out. I do have another problem now though as it now prompts me for a date range twice (main report and sub report) is there a away i can make the sub report pick up my existing prompts?

Thanks

Jim

Go to edit subreport links->move {?daterange} from the main report to the right as the main report link and then in the bottom left corner, use the dropdown box to locate {?daterange} for the subreport link (NOT the default {?pm-?daterange}). So you would end up with two links--the manager and the daterange.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back