Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba eManager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee1

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
US
I have the latest Toshiba eManager software on a CD, but I can't install it. I keep getting fatal errors from my InstallShield.

Anyone have an idea of what's happening here?

Thanks!

Does it require a Sentinel Key? I'm using a 100-year old version of 280admin that runs on DOS, and because of all the DOS issues on XP I have tried to install the new DKAdmin software and it won't run without the stupid key... Back in the olden days there was NOKEY, but I haven't been able to find anything similar, and the place I'm doing the admin for is a non-profit and they don't have a pot to go in so there's no way they're going to shell out a few hundred bucks for a utility I use 3 times a year...

Did you do all the required Windows updates? I can't remember what is required, but I installed eManager 5.0 on 2 laptops here and it worked both times. Good luck.

I didn't know theere was a ver 5. I have ver 4. I have it on a disc because I'm not a certified Toshiba dealer; I got my vendor to download it for me.

Does anyone know what Windows updates are required. The InstallShield tells me I have all the requirements, but as it starts to load files, it stops and tells me there's a script missing and gives me a fatal error.

5 is a beta version. It is meant to resolve all the install issues from what I recall.

I guess your using 4.20 or lower.
You should be ok. But you may want to get hold of another copy. I know for a fact there is some dodgy corrupt copies going about with the issue you mention.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Version 500A14 is not beta it is in full release. Have your vendor download that version for you. The install is a lot easier as it fixes many bugs with previous installs. I have had to reinstall windows on my laptop a couple times because of previous versions of emanager. The other thing to be careful of is if you get a corrupt download which has happened to us a few times as well.

guycable2 A question. Would you be downloading via ftp from tosh by chance. We always get currupt sw from the ftp site.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

hey just for grins what os do you have ? also if you have an old ver it can help to remove it and then load the new ver i would check internet explorer ver . try to use 6 also you might look into reinstalling iis2 tools and managemet monitering also delete cookies and any t.i.f hope this helps

I just had the software loaded from another CD, and everything's cool. I must of had a bad dsic. Also, I had the downgrdae to Explorer 6 to get the eManager to run.

Thanks all for your help and input.

You can use Explorer 7 with Release 5, now that you have eManager installed it is a pretty easy upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back