Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TOSHIBA DK-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

2dicoth5

Technical User
Mar 24, 2005
US
I have a potential customer with a Toshiba DK-14 telephone system. They have 10-button 2-line LCD digital speakerphone sets. Now my company generally deals with Partner, Legend, and IP Office systems. It's been a while now that I have installed their system for them as a favor but are looking to add them as a customer. My question is, how do I change the line ringing on this system? Any information would be helpful, because I am totally green to the programming of this system. Thanks!

any manuals on site or the program record? #*0 puts any display set in program mode, after that each level has a unique addresss i think #4 was for line access and ring assignment but it's been almost 20 years

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

81 for day ring 89 for night

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, thank you for your response. I really appreciate this.

2dicoth5

*#*#1*2*3
try that to get into program mode. If memory serves me. If not let me know, I can probably scare up a manual somewhere in a box in the attic.

81-89 should be ringing, if you can find a system record sheet, that provides the best help for programming.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

program 4, all leds on, dtmf..program 3xx, with xx =to the station number (last two of the icm) so 310 and light the lamps for that station to have line access program 4xx for station type, so 410 key 0 would make that a 20 button, key 1 would make that a 10 buttom the only other one that was played with much was 4#XX and that it key assignment..codes

01 co1
02 co2
03 co3
tru 06

85 save key
97 rep key
87 cfw
96 rdl... found one of my old books

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi, new to this forum. I recently started working for a family owned business and we have Toshiba stratagy phones (mine is a DKT2010-SD). My 2 issues are that the MAIN greeting is somewhat obsolete and my name is not in the dial by alphabet system directory. I've been told that we would need to hire a Toshiba certified programmer to come onsite to make the two changes. Is this true? Why do we not have control of our own system? Thanks in advance for shedding light on this.

You do not need to hire a Toshiba certified programmer. That is not true. You do have control of your own system. Go ahead and make the changes.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Just kidding, You lack the knowledge, that is why you can not do the changes yourself. They probably left some manulas on site, see if you can find those, then answer back here.

if you do not have the passwords, get them from the vendor. check the equiptment room, you should have the manuals on site, you paid for them.. that said, it's gets a little expensive if you delete something and the system stays down until the vendor drives out.. i've always provided customers with passwords, but i have also sent some killer bills... funny how fast 180 an hour adds up.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Dag,
The changes you are looking to make are in the voicemail and not in the "system". Do you know what voicemail you are using? Do you have the manuals? Do you have the administrator's guide?
I would echo what was said above and get a certified tech out to make the changes and maybe show you how to make minor changes yourself later on.

i've always thought that a cust pay's my $,if he needs some tips it's his dime.. not all techs know who pays the rent

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back