Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba CIX and Private Line Automatic Ringdown (PLAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

libellis

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
US
Toshiba Tek-Tips Forum seems to have been closed, so posting here.

For a CIX670:

When Private Line Automatic Ringdown Circuits (PLAR) are delivered via channels on a T1 (other end is a Turret system), must they first be broken out into individual analog lines by a Channel Bank before being connected to the CIX, or can the T1 be terminated directly onto a T1 card on the CIX with the ringdowns on the channels still being handled correctly by the CIX? If the CIX can handle PLAR by direct connection (no channel bank) what should the channel programming be?

If the CIX has software to support the proper bit signaling on the DS1 channels, then it might work. It would depend on which end has the PLAR functionality on the DS1. I don't know if the CIX software for the DS1 circuit has such software. One end of the circuit would be an FXS function or if on a channel bank, the channel unit would be an FXS type set to loop start option. So you might want to check the Toshiba's documentation to see what their software offers for this. I don't recall ever seeing a PBX that had PLAR software options. Now I just reread the original post. It gives me the impression that the PLAR function is handled by the Turret system. If that is the case, then you might be in luck. You might try to configure the PLAR channels as loop start on the CIX, then see if it works. Either end should be able to ring the other end by accessing the line and going off-hook. If you run into problems, I hope you have a T-Berd test set or equivalent for troubleshooting. You would need to be able to monitor the signaling portion of the channel. See what happens...

Hope this helps!
....JIM ....

It was resolved, and as you suspected, the solution was at the Turret system end to accommodate the Toshiba.

Interestingly, the Toshiba does have a trunk programming feature - applicable to T1 - called "Immediate Cut-Through" that is described in the manual - along with an example - as:

"This option should be enabled on a line only if the talk-path must be established immediately after seizing a selected outgoing line."
"Example, a line connected to a Central Office Ringdown circuit."

However, this feature was not tested, and since all is now well, not likely to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back