Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba A100-599 Multimedia Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainPlus

Programmer
Apr 15, 2007
TR
Hi,

I'm using a Toshiba A100-599, Intel Core2Duo T7200 @2GHz notebook. What I want is to use my computer's multimedia buttons (play/pause, stop, back/forward) with Winamp.
I couldn't find a panel to configure this. When I press any of the multimedia buttons, it automatically launces Windows Media Player (which I never prefer to use).

Anyone faced this before?

Thanks,
Ali

mainegeek,

Thanks for your reply but all my multimedia file associations are already set to Winamp. Also my "Default Media Player" in "Program Access and Defaults" section is set to Winamp too.
But neither of these configurations make sense.

Do you have any other idea?

Ali

Open Windows Media Player, click Tools,Options,File Types and Un-check the file types listed that you want to use with Winamp.

Hi mainegeek,

I've unchecked all of them after your suggestion. But nothing changed... This silly computer still triggers Windows Media Player on any multimedia key-press...

Thanks for your continuing effort to help me. Any other suggestions??

regards,
ali

It may require rebooting your system after the change.
Also, if your are not planning on using Windows Media Player at all than you might consider un-installing it.

mainegeek,

I've rebooted my system now. Unfortunately nothing changed.
I don't want to uninstall Windows Media Player because I've a Philips Streamium Wireless Music Receiver device connected to my home entertainment system and Windows Media Player is a media server for this device. I do not want to install Philips' own java-based tool because it use approximately 10x more cpu and memory...

Thanks again...
ali

go to C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls then click ToshSrv and you can change everything there :)

Hi diddlyuk12,

We're a little bit closer to solution I think. I've found that screen and passed to Media Apps tab. There is a dropdown box to select the application. But only "Windows Media Player" is listed there. Do you know how can I add winamp there?

Thanks,
ali

Hope this helps...
@li

ok in the drop down menu there should be an option that says select your program.. then all you do is click browse and then find the winamp program under program files :) hope this helps

not bad for a 15 year old >.<

Unfortunately not diddlyuk12. There is no browse button or similar thing there. So I still have problem with this issue...

Hope this helps...
@li

I have a Sattelite 921. It has a Toshiba control panel (for setting up various things, (bios options, power control)). One of these is for associating the media buttons with specific programs.

Hi ASG0856,

I've a similar panel too. But the program list to associate with the media buttons only include Windows Media Player as software.

My main problem is this :) Just Media Player there. No winamp or other programs or a button to point to...

@li

I'm looking at the console now.
I've selected
Button Controls
Application button 1
Starts Custom Program
Select
Application
Expand Programs Directory (in the LH Window)
Selected InterVideo WinDVD Gold

That now starts that program

Ha. brain just engaged. having read the manual, its looks hard coded in the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back