Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba 6100 Powers off on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskhs

MIS
Jun 4, 2002
US
Has anyone had this problem? I have a Toshiba 6100, that will shut itself off on its own. I believe it to be an issue with the power board be faulty. I'm just curious if anyone else has had the same issue. I brought it to the repair center they replaced the mother board, the VGA bracket and board as well as the cooling fan. The problem still happens, now they are telling me its the power board, we'll see what happens when I get it back. I'm beginning to wonder about this particular model, the more research I do the worse it gets. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

have had this problem with a Toshiba Satellite laptop, i think it may be a general fault with Toshiba laptops, check on the internet and there are plenty of people experiencing the same thing.

It could be that you have an automatic setting in your Toshiba utilities that is set to power down after a time.
Check any installed programs that are related to your Toshiba and looking for this kind of setting. Check your control panel as well. It could be as simple as changing a setting. There may also be Toshiba online support that could help as well.

Had problem with two Toshiba SAT Pro 6100 laptops. Check if still under warranty send it back there is a power problem on the mother boards.

Just got it back from the repair center, This thing has had almost everything replaced.

I have 25 of them in our company 9 have so far fallen over with this power problem and they seem to be getting worse, with 2 failing this week. One has had 3 new motherboards and still does not work! I think the 6100 is rapidly heading for lemon status. Toshiba are "looking" at replacing them but I think my 150 laptops a year are going elsewhere..

Jim

I feel your pain, I have 10 of them I bought the salesforce all new laptops a couple of years ago. Back then it was the tecra 8200, great machine. More recently we bought these 6100's. We are now looking into dealing with Dell instead of toshiba. Bye the way after 3 trips to the repair center, 2 new mother boards, 2 new power boards, new cpu fan, new VGA board. IT STILL FAILS. I'm now trying to deal with toshiba on getting it replaced with a different model, this outta be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back