Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tosh giving me ACPI BIOS error when booting win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

stavros0

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2002
GB
I've got a Tosh portege 3480CT which had WINXP on it and i formated it and installed W2K. When it rebooted after loading it shows the windows logo screen then BLUE SCREEN with
"STOP the ACPI BIOS in this system is not compliant with specifications".
I've installed the new BIOS from Tosh and it is still doing the Blue screen dance.

Anyone help????

It sounds like you need to change ACPI BIOS options in the BIOS.

DISABLE - ACPI options *** ONE *** at a time, and reboot.

*Warning* Your system management won't support powerdown and energy saving features,,,,,,, with ACPI disabled. You may have battery issues,,,, etc.

Goo Luc (Tosh)

Thanks for the reply Jake but i cant see any ACPI specific options in the BIOS. I have reverted back to the origional BIOS again 1.20.
Is there any specific option i should b turning off/on??

Cheers
S

Actually, I would have to see the BIOS, since I don't work on Laptops very often (2 so far this year).

How about under "Power Management" ?

If it works under the 1.20 I wouldn't change anything (unless it won't wake up out of sleep mode, or there are other problems).

It might help you to do some looking through the following website. it lists information about ACPI, where to find it and what it does. Also it lists some tools that might be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back