Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TopSpeed Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatknows

Programmer
Oct 6, 2003
US
I would like to be able to export information out of some TPS databases. I have heard that you can do this through TopScan using a File | Export function that apparently doesn't exist in the version of TopScan I have access to. I have vesion 5002.

Is there a later version that I need to use to get this ability? Any other creative solutions? I only need a Read-Only solution.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Clarion 5.5 has this functionality built in, but not 5.

You can also write your own export program, you can get the file structure by using the File Layout menu. Then creat a quick program with 2 files, the original one and an other one using ASCII as driver. just do a loop and copy each records one by one.

Valery.

In Clarion 5 look in the 'How Do I' section of the help file, view the topic 'How to Covert a file-generate source'. I find this method useful because you can modify the code to suit.

Dear TinLegs,
The topic "How to Convert a file generate source" in "How do I" section of the help file can not help us convert tps to mdb(Access). I tried to do anyway, anyhow, but I can not export from tps to mdb. I am very appreciate if u show me another way to convert files

Additional question I want to know is that where can I download the Clarion version 5.5.

Thank for everything

dot.

Everything but Nothing

Dear all,
I knew how to import/export using Clarion 5, i'm very happy when using this tool.

I'm very appreciate if who tell me where I can download the full version for Clarion5 ?

Cheers, dot

Everything but Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back