Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Top of information store error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When backing up exchange mailboxes an error message "?Top of information store?xxxis a corrupt file" appears. The corrupt files are few but are backed up, but the resulting backup job shows as having failed.

Is this because of the problem described and how can this be resolved?

We found the offending file and deleted it and the backup now completes successfully. The message was an automated system message. The KB said this:

"Causes of these errors have been traced to (but not necessarily limited to):

Automated system messages (undeliverable, over size limit etc.)(remove message)."

Brian

we are also facing same problem.I am looking
for a utility the one like scanpst.exe that actually
repairs pst file,for the mailbox repair.

Prasad

I also have this problem.

Can the backup fail message be stopped ?
Can i disable the fail message if "?Top of information store?xxxis a corrupt file" appears.

Cheers

Dalek

Hi m8

I've just read that and it says...

"When Backup Exec encounters a corrupt file, the job will fail by default. By adding or modifying the following registry key, Backup Exec can be configured not to fail the job when a corrupt file is encountered. Please note, this solution is not intended for use with Microsoft Exchange files."

Is there a fix for the corrupt email attachments or is this ok to use ? Has anybody tried it ?

Cheers

Dalek

The only way I managed to get rid of the error message was to delete the corrupted files - if they're corrupt they don't need to be there anyway....

Hi ,

Could you tell me which KB article?

Thanks

Divyapraksh

Installing version 8.6 or the latest update for 8.5 (believe it was like 3572) will resolve this issue. Preventing you from having to go in and manually remove each email listed as corrupt due to long header, different version of mime, actually corrupted, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back