Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Top N

Status
Not open for further replies.

diannelight

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
US
I have 4 different graphs on one report and I need to set up a Top N for each.
Is the Top N for the whole report only, or is there a way to have a number of different ones set up?
Example:
Graph one;
Created a summary for 'Calls Made' per Agent. Graph shows top 10 agents.
Graph two;
Created a summary for 'Calls Received' per Agent. Graph shows top 5 agents.
etc.

Ken, the field should not be summed but when I select Top N in the Chart Expert, Data Tab - I only have the option:
Top N based on 'sum' of Calls Made. There is no option for me to remove the 'sum'.
There is only one table in the report.

Is there more than one "calls made" value for each agent?

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

No, only 2 agents have made calls - the rest of the agents in the group have their names shown shown on the graph but no calls against them.

I don't think my question was clear. When you pull the records from the database into the report, is there ever more than one record per agent. Or is there only one record per agent.

- tek@kenhamady.com

Let me see if this is the problem:

You have one record per salesman with 4 different fields in the same record. You are trying to chart the Top values of each of these 4 fields, but without showing any records that are zero in the charts. the problem is that if you ask for the top 15 salesmen, and only 10 have calls, then there are 5 zeros showing up in the chart. You really want each chart to only include the Top values that are NOT zero.

If that is the problem, then you can't do this in one report, because while you can do separate topN charts, you can't use a different selection formula for each chart - they all share the same "filter". You may need one report and 3 subreports - each with a different filter like "{Calls made} > 0" and each with a different chart.

- tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back