Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Top Line message Avaya SIP 9608

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurofen

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
IE
Hello there,
after a few years, today I will need again the help of this forum :)
Hope people find this thread interesting.

Scenario, I want to push a message to the phone top line after pressing one button on another phone.

I am compiling informaiton and see if can be done using standard features in the differen Avaya servers.
At the moment concentrate in pushing a message to the phones top line....that will be an amazin achievenment!
Would like to consider this as a mental challenge, but also like to hear other people oppinions if is possible
or not, before I waste too much time.

this is an small project to keep my head occupied in something productive

thanks to all.

I don't know of any feature button in CM that would let you trigger an outside source (maybe you can with an AES... I don't know though).

As for pushing the message? That's totally possible. Upon a "trigger" (Web UI? timing? other?) you can use a web service to push a message out to the top lines of IP phones. This is already well documented on the Avaya site.

Hi,
thank you both for your answers.
I've been reading and I know the push function will do what Avaya says it does.
I think maybe now is integrated with the utility server and there are other integrations, like via the NAS server and also using the API named by Janni78.
Seems to me that the message can be triger by different events, like a call, but only seen that reference is in the NAS doc.
Tomorrow I will be able to test the utility server push capabilities (if any)
What I want to achive is ben able to send a text message (top line) to a phone after an event happen on the pbx, for exmaple calling to certain extension or activating the emergency skill in a vector.
A the moment, there is no a reason - requisite - to have it; as i say it before is just to have something different to do than create a pickup group, create a vector or change the isdn public unk...
this is a quite unusal feature (never seen it working) and why not dedicate a few minutes-days to it.

Thanks

Hello there,
Well today I spent few minutes working with the IP phone push "thing" on the Utility server.
Is a little bit unstable - the stations disappear and reappear in the station to send the message but at the end I achieve my milestone (humble milestone) to send the message to the phones, only top line, display is for another day.
As much I read about it, more I think that will not be possible to trigger that message from CM or ASM - using standard features, but I will give one or two more days to see if I can find something... will be a pity that there is not a functionality like that...but there are other hundred of them to work with.

thanks to all

This post caused me to do some digging into the following document.

Roughly page 85 of the document is a good place to start.
the command is "change display-messages posted-messages"
Using the feature for this I would dial *68#1111#3# and my extension, or the extension of whoever is 1111 will show a message on their phone when called. If you set the message on someone elses phone the cancelation code is #681111#

*68 and #68 are FAC codes for example
1111 is an extension in my example

Hello there,

IPOthermia, this is not what I was looking for...BUT...make me very happy, I never seen this and I love it!
I am counting the hours unil monday - not working tomorrow - when I will be able to check it...have other 100 things to do, but every
morning I give to me some minutes to just enjoy doing something different!. Thanks very much.

Thanks really appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back