Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tools , Plugins & Etc Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello,

Anyone can share free useful tools or plugins they use for web development using php,js,css etc..?

Like Flexslider, google maps, animate.js and more..

Thank You!

I am sure you can figure that what you are asking for is already available via jQuery, BootStrap and other frameworks ... For PHP itself there are numerous options as well.

I used to write JavaScript just to learn it and refused to use jQuery or anything out there till I figured that fighting the world was not truly productive but in the process, I learn syntax of the core language vital to understand the framework itself.

Today, I use jQuery + Bootstrap and I just cannot imagine not doing so.

Search for tutorials, read through them, follow them, subscribe to Packt, Sitepoint, Stackoverflow, watch videos on youtube ... ask questions here ... I mean, the combination of all of these are truly your "toolbox" as it is ours, just put it to use.

I post questions here and often, before I get an answer, I solve the problem; this is because I continue researching in lieu of waiting for a solution from someone else. Troubleshooting is a vital learning curve and it should be something you get used to and comfortable with.

It is very refreshing and humbling to ask questions, even if it seems like you should know the answer to them.

Finally, grab a site you like, save it to your PC, read through the code and try to reverse engineer it, loose a few night sleep trying to figure out how they've done it and rip the rewards once you figure it out!

Happy coding!

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back