Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tools Options location of stored defaults 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StewartUK

Programmer
Feb 19, 2001
GB
Can anyone tell me where VFP7 stores settings when you click Set as default on the Tools Options dialog?

I thought it was the foxuser table, but when I copied that to another computer, my settings for say syntax colouring weren't the same.

Thanks,

Stewart

StewartUK

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\VISUAL FOXPRO\7.0\OPTIONS in the registry. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first

Stewart,
Starting in VFP, these are stored in the registry. See:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualFoxPro\5.0\Options\ [\code]
Just change 5.0 to 6.0, 7.0 or 8.0 to see these default settings for your appropriate version(s) of VFP.

Rick

Stewart

There is a very handy tool in VFP6 where you can copy all of your Options setting to the command window. I presume it is the same for VFP7.

Make sure your command window is cleared of any commands. Open the Tools Options dialog screen. Hold down the shift key and click OK. All of your defaults will be pasted into the command window. Then copy the code into a program and run it in fox on the other computer.

Hope this helps

Chris

Thanks Mike & Rick, that was what I wanted.

Thanks Chris as well. I knew about outputting the options to the comand window, but I hadn't thought of then putting the result into a program. However the registry option is permanent.

Thanks,

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back