Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

methoni

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
I have lost my customised toolbars after my administrator did some work on my pc. Anyone know how to quickly recover them instead of recreating them?(MSOFFICE 2000 and IE)
Also, how do I prevent each open workbook from showing as an entry in my taskbar?

Thanks

1. If you og Tools, Customize, Toolbars, you might see your custom tollbars in the list. If they are there you will need to attach them (Attach button) and copy them to the Workbook. Toolbars are saved in a file called *.xlb where * could be your name, your id or "Excel" or any name given to the file by the creatorof the file. You may want to look for that file first and if you find it, save it in C:\Windows or C:\Winnt, whatever the case may be.

2. As regards to Icons in Taskbar: go to Tools, Options, View and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar"

HTH

Indu

Our friend, Indu, is steering you right. I just want to add that once you've created all those special toolbars again, you might want to copy that xlb file and put it on a safe place on the server so they don't do that to you again. Anne Troy
Dreamboat@TheWordExpert.com
Anne@MrExcel.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back