Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toolbar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeriyurParthi

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2001
IN
hi all
when i use to run my program, my path and database name is to display in the toolbar, this makes the end user to know some of the back end details, is it possible to hide the message which are displaying at toolbar, please help
cheers parthi

thanks deck, actually that is different, what i mentioning is stausbar which is default at foxpro window....
my problem is the path and database is displaying at the stausbar.... please help
cheers parthi

Check out the SET SYSMENU command

Also look in the foxuser.dbf the table holds the settings with T/F and the memo field will tell you what it is.

Hi
SET NOTIFY OFF
SET STATUS BAR OFF
These settings will solve your problem :) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

hi ramani
no the above said is not working, even i put notify on and status bar off.... some other suggestions please help
regds
parthi

sorry weedez...
nothing with status,and talk....
anyother options, pls help...
cheers
parthi

Be aware that these options are scoped to the datasession in which they were issued.

BTW where in your program have you issued these statements ?

In my CrownBase application I have managed to hide the status bar and I have no problems whatsoever.

Maybe you can have a look at what I have done, it might give you some idea.

HTH,
Weedz (Wietze Veld)
My private project:Download the CrownBase source code !!

Hi Parthi,

WHEN YOU ISSUE THE COMMAND.. SET STATUS BAR OFF.. the status bar should disappear. If it is not.. then, there is something somewhere which sets is back to ON.
So you have to look into the codes.. that somewhere you are setting the status bar on... or your code to set it off has some error.
But remember the STATUS BAR is a graphical one. To remove the characterbased status off.. you have to issue..
SET STATUS OFF
SO if you are in doubt if this is set on..

SET STATUS BAR OFF
SET STATUS OFF
SET NOTIFY OFF
SET TALK OFF

If the display is at the time of opening of table.. you may have to put these SET commands again in that forms.. Sata Environment..BeforeOpenTables Event. This is because, DE has its own environment sttings.

Hope this solves your problem. :)
ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back